Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dance with my Father

For all those times I didn’t know you and you were still there watching me
For all those times I called you a concept and you still smiled
For all those times I called those who knew you Muppets and you didn’t get mad
For making the effort to get my attention when I needed you most
For being Daddy to me when Pops zoomed off
For telling me everything is gonna be okay
For all those times when I lacked and you said “Stay down Son” Just a while longer
Then turning around and blessing my socks off.
For all those long conversations in the a.m…
Then I’ll walk around the whole day glowing
Feeling I can walk on Water, Walk through Walls, maybe even Fly kick anyone who looks at me funny…okay, maybe not.
For your Sense of Humour
Giving me things I don’t deserve, I swear I can hear you laughing when their Jaws drop and they turn Green with envy. ...Like Cucumbers
For taking out time from Darfur and the Middle East Crises and Iraq and all the other Donuts killing each other to remind me about little things like eating right, taking my Vitamins, eating fruits and Veggies …I still don’t like Cucumbers
For spoiling me silly.
For your protection all the time and keeping me from getting roughed up or worse even though I’ve got a motor mouth.
For pulling out all the stops when I do get into trouble. You come get me out just like the movies.
For still being you even when I turn my back from you
For the times I disobeyed your specific instructions …. of course I always have a better idea silly me.
For being there when I come running back to you after I’ve gotten burnt
For showing me the difference between things I should pray about and things I should Man up and go do by my own dzammed self.
For telling me to read my “User’s Manual” for how to make ME work. Not just on Sundays in church.
For this special relationship we have.
For seeing me through to my 31st Birthday.
For being my Daddy.
And if you didn't know by now, i'm talking about my Heavenly Daddy.
Thank you Jesus.

16 comments:

Tyger said...

Hey! i'm first! stalking pays! stalking rocks! okay i gotta calm down.

Your post is lovely... and i love the last few lines the most... so you are 31?.. agbaya!

lol

Afrobabe said...

awwwwwww thats a great tribute...

Anonymous said...

sweet!! aint Daddy just sumthin special?

Adekunle Shobowale said...

Tyger: You get a Cheesecake for being first. Since i'm an Agbaya can i be your Aristo? lol

Afrobabe: Thanks. Oya go and update

Mesma: Yes he is. Thanks for dropping by.

caramel said...

happy new month.. great blog.. check mine out
www.caramelchic.blogspot.com

caramel said...

happy new month.. great blog.. check mine out
www.caramelchic.blogspot.com

dScR?Be said...

I like ur blog

Adekunle Shobowale said...

Thanks 2ndcorin.

Anonymous said...

Nice!

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

a bit late, but happy birthday!!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

That was quite touching. I hope my children will think of me this fondly when they get older.

Nice post.

Adekunle Shobowale said...

Thanks Solomonsydelle: I hope your Kids think of you this fondly.

Ehm..This post is about God.Not my earthly father. hehehe.

Sam Oracle said...

Very nice post.
Itz always good for us to remember those that matter to us and express our gratitude.
Beautiful tribute to Papa.

desperate lady said...

Awwwwwwwwww this is so sweet, derz nothin as a guy who's good with words.
Adekunle Shobowale you've worn ma heart.

P.s-can I copy d post?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ooops, clearly I didn't read closely enough. lol!

Hahahaha. I am laughing too hard. Sorry. Thanks for the clarification. Will henceforth stay away from poems.

Adekunle Shobowale said...

@Oracle: Thanks for stopping by.

@Desperate Lady: My Jaws's on the floor... Yes you may copy it.So long you Acknowledge you stole it from me lol.

@Solomonsydelle: Nah don't quit on Poetry. There isn't one single Interpretation. Somebody thought this was about George W.Bush hahaha
Give Bomboy a hug for me...