Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Notorious

There’s only one King.
Seen the Movie twice. Bought the bootleg, seen it thrice
Genius at it’s best.12 years down, Brighter than a zillion watt light bulb
Lyrics like you call ‘em
Metaphors that make you wake up with chills down your spine.
The Swag, Haters wondering how the fcuk does he do it?
Made them Dirty haters go get a fresh, crisp shirt
All the Catfights for you, Faye, Kimberly, Charli Baltimore…
All the guys claiming the Best friend title.
Guys who didn’t even get featured in the movie.
I guess there’s so long a script can get lol.
All the people you inspired lyrically. ME.
God Bless your Moms and your 2 kids.
There’s only one King of New York
There’s only one Christopher Wallace.
Only one Big Poppa.

3 comments:

NaijaBabe said...

I need to see it!!!!!

Roc said...

"I luv it when they call me Big Poppa!! Throw your hands in the air.. if you's a true player!!"

Dude.. this write-up stands out with it's succinct eloquence..

He inspired me... Period!

Amazing that he's still the standard bearer 12 yrs on.. So much that even JayZ had to say "If I'm not better than BIG, Then I'm the closest one"

Great film too!

Adekunle Shobowale said...

If the game shakes me, it breaks me, i hope it makes me a better Man...