Thursday, November 15, 2007

4:29pm

I was supposed to be there for you
I really want to be there for you
I mean, i really ought to right?
Seemed like your hour of need came and i couldn't help.
To you i wouldn't help.
You can't understand why
you squeeze my arms, reminding me we're best friends
I tried so hard to go out on a limb.
My limbs don't exist.
You squeeze my arm harder.
How do i explain to you
you're squeezing a plastic arm
The Moon comes up i still say NO
You say you'll accept, but not understand.
I'm helpless and Angry at the same time.
Mad at you for the Squeeze
Mad at me for not being a Rock for you.
Mad at the way things are.
Just plain fcuking mad at myself

5 comments:

omohemi Benson said...

Very Interesting poetry.

Thanks for the stopping by and for the hug too.
*smile*

Ms. Catwalq said...

eeyah

why couldn't you be strong for the person? what held you back? Or did the person need to do IT themselves?

Jamilah said...

hmmm nice write-up
1st time here.. u write well.. love ur stories..lol

Adekunle Shobowale said...

Thanks Bibi. Appreciate that.

@Catwalq.I couldn't even sleep. It's somebody i should be looking out for and i f'ed up.I thought the sacrifice was a bit too much for me. Thinking about it now,It still is. I'm finding it hard to sleep. Oh well...

@ Omohemi B. Thanks.
Anytime Mami.just holler anytime you need a hug *wink*

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

that touched a nerve.. sometimes we must be islands